AVA Business Support Service
If you need specific more specific advice, don’t forget – as an AVA member you have access to this AVA / Quest service:
- Advice Line – unlimited access to experienced advisors offering practical advice on HR, employment law, health & safety, legal issues plus tax and VAT matters,
- Website – access to over 700 template documents covering HR, employment law, health and safety and legal matters. The website also includes an HR and H&S Health Check.
How Do I Access the Service?
- Advice Line – call 0116 243 7589. You will be asked for your name and company name.
- Go to the Membership Benefits / AVA Business Support Service page
- Log in to the Business Support Service page (https://ava.questcover.com/login?ReturnUrl=%2foffice%2f). For ease, use the same login details you used to access the AVA Members’ Area in the first instance.
After the Government updates and clarifications this weekend, working with our business Support partner Quest, the AVA has put together this latest Q&A guide for business owners on the COVID-19 Job Retention (Furlough) scheme.
This will be updated regularly as further detail is published.
Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme documentation:
In the event that you have to furlough personnel within your organisation – here are the letter templates required:
Key Worker Status
- The Government’s list of key workers includes those involved in food production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery, as well as those essential to the provision of other key goods (for example hygienic and veterinary medicines). This includes those who work within Foodservice, Catering and Vending.
- For Employees who require certification this letter can be used confirming their ‘Key Worker’ status as ‘Food Supply & Delivery Personnel’.
- Your company detail, logo and contacts should be added.
- Each employee should carry corresponding ID (passport or driving license)
- Key Worker letter template
- If additional confirmation is required that Vending & Foodservice personnel are Key Workers, this can be found in the response to the AVA from Lord Gardiner of Kimble, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at Defra.
- DEFRA Gardiner
Health & Safety and RIDDOR
In these uncertain times it will be necessary to update your current Health & Safety Policy. To help with this we have drafted a suggested COVID-19 Health and Safety policy covering the lockdown period. It is in a generic format so you can add your company and contact details where indicated.
Also, the Health & Safety Executive have published guidance relating to additional reporting requirements under Reporting of Injuries, Diseases & Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) concerning COVID-19 and with the reminder to make sure that you keep enough First Aid cover while staff are being furloughed.
These updates can be found on the AVA Website here:
If I can be of any assistance in these trying times please do not hesitate to contact me.
Membership Services Manager
Please remember that all AVA Staff are on hand to help the Vending Industry as and when required. You can use the details below to contact us.
Telephone: +44 (0) 3300 883 267
Membership Services Manager
Marketing & Communications Executive