YOUR CHANCE TO BE ON THE AVA BOARD!
The AVA is undergoing a period of change. You could be a part of that change. It is an exciting time to join the Board and influence the future. The opportunity has arisen as five positions are due for election in May as part of the usual two year cycle. Some of the current Board members have put their names forward for re-consideration as part of the election process:
- 1 x Machines & Components Representative: Gillian White – Crane Merchandising
- 1 x Commodities Representative: Vacant since Guy Jacques stepped down
- 3 x Vending Operator Representative positions:
- Graham Kingaby – Montagu Group
- Jane MacDonald – Excel Vending
- Roger Williams from – Coinadrink is stepping down after many years sterling service to the AVA Board in a variety of posts, most recently as Treasurer. He actually returned for “just two years” in 2007 – but we wouldn’t let him go!
If the company you represent is a member of the AVA, you can apply for one of these voluntary positions on the AVA Board. It meets four times a year and helps to shape and guide the workings of the AVA to ensure that member interests are best served.
It is not all one way; there are BENEFITS TO YOU such as
- making your mark on the industry
- influencing the future of vending and of the AVA
- taking a broader view of vending
- working alongside other vending leaders
- reaping rewards from networking with others in the vending world
- creating new friendships and alliances
To stand for election to the Board all you need to do is complete and return the nomination form. An election will then take place for any vacancy where we have more than one candidate.
Please email the ‘2019 AVA Nominations Form’, a maximum 250 word brief (On your background and what you would bring to the role) and a head and shoulders photo of yourself to Penny.Rowell@the-ava.com.
The closing date for applications is 15th May, 2019. If more than one person puts their name forward, we would carry out a members’ vote to decide which applicant joins the Board.